Picture credit: http://ambercraft.net
When forgetfulness isn't just a sign of getting older
Everyone forgets things now and then, and remembering everything naturally becomes more difficult as you get older.
But certain types of memory loss may indicate something much more serious. The American Academy of Family Physicians says the following warning signs should not be ignored:
- Suddenly forgetting things much more frequently than you once did.
- Having difficulty remembering tasks you have performed many times.
- Having trouble learning how to do new things.
- Telling the same stories or saying the same phrases repeatedly in a conversation.
- Having problems dealing with money or making decisions.
- Having difficulty keeping track of daily events.
Additional information is also available at MedlinePlus.
CLICK HERE for management tips
We have also 24 posts on Dementia, see under Labels in the next column.