SUGGESTIONS FOR HOW TO COPE
Anxiety can quickly spiral out of control and interfere with daily life.
But there are techniques that will allow you to regain control, the American Academy of Family Physicians says. The academy offers these suggestions:
- Schedule 30 minutes each day to think about the things that are concerning you. Save your worry for those designated times. Think less about what will happen and concern yourself more with what's happening now.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as muscle relaxation or deep breathing.
- Get plenty of regular exercise and enough sleep.
- Don't abuse drugs or drink alcohol.
- Restrict or eliminate caffeine.
- Deal with things that have caused you anxiety in the past. Start by visualizing how you will deal with these factors. Doing so will help you deal with them for real.
- Talk about your fears with your doctor. He or she can help you devise a plan for how to better cope with your anxiety.
Click on the titles below for further reading:
For more inputs, simply type “Happiness” in the search box on the right column of this page. Also look up our posts labelled as "Celebrating the PRESENT"