Picture source: http://www.kraseybeauty.com
When You're Under Stress...
... Suggestions to keep it under control
The first task toward keeping stress under control is recognizing the early symptoms of stress, such as muscle tension, headache or anxiety.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says managing stress depends on how you react to it. Recognizing that you're under stress may be easy, compared to changing your response.
Here are the academy's suggestions:
- Don't fret about things over which you have no control, such as the weather.
- Solve little issues or conflicts first -- this may help you tackle bigger ones.
- Think of change in a positive way.
- Discuss your stress with a trusted friend or family member.
- Avoid tackling too much at once.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a healthy diet, and get enough rest.
- Engage in activities that tend to ease your stress.
- Prepare yourself for activities that you know will lead to stress.