The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests these healthy habits to help keep weight off for good:
- Stick to a healthy, yet realistic eating plan. Be consistent with your food choices and calorie intake.
- Have a healthy daily breakfast.
- Exercise for 60 minutes to 90 minutes nearly every day.
- Keep a journal of the foods you eat and your exercise regimen to spot any patterns you should change.
- Weigh yourself regularly and keep the readings in a log.
- Enlist friends and family to offer ongoing support of your healthy lifestyle.