Lifting weights and other forms of strength training can offer a host of health rewards for people 65 and older, experts say.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions these potential benefits for seniors of strength training:
- Better management of chronic diseases, including diabetes.
- Improved balance.
- Better management of arthritis pain and stiffness.
- Stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis.
- Maintaining a healthier weight.
- Improved cardiovascular health.
- Better quality sleep
Life is different in Monterey Park, Ca. Here we see on scene of local seniors exercising with Tai Chi and martial arts.
The Tai Chi group that meets Tuesdays and Fridays at Hin Hua High School, Persiaran Raja Muda Musa, Klang welcomes beginners. Bilingual classes start at 8.30pm under the direction of Messrs Aw and Ng. No 'pyjamas' required; come in your most comfortable apparel .You can call our pharmacy on 03 31688469 for further details.