Saturday, July 16, 2011

Zestz for LAUGHS? - Walking

Walking can add minutes to your life.

This enables you at 85 years old

to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing

home at $4,000 per month.

My grandpa started walking

five miles a day when he was 60.

Now he's 97 years old

and we have no idea where the hell he is.

I like long walks,

especially when they are taken

by people who annoy me.

The only reason I would take up walking

is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I have to walk early in the morning,

before my brain figures out what I'm doing...

I joined a health club last year,

spent about 250 bucks.

Haven't lost a pound.

Apparently you have to go there!

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',

I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

I do have flabby thighs,

but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day

is so when you die, they'll say,

'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'

If you are going to try cross-country skiing,

start with a small country.

I know I got a lot of exercise

the last few years,......

just getting over the hill.

We all get heavier as we get older,

because there's a lot more information in our heads.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

AND

Every time I start thinking too much

about how I look,

I just find a pub with a Happy Hour

and by the time I leave,

I look just fine.
Picture credit: http://fromthe2one5ive.files.wordpress.com
Submitted by Kuan-Hing Yee, original author unknown. Check out his facebook; he is obviously no couch-potatoe.






......and then you might also want to check out our earlier posts on the benefits of walking:

Zestzfulness: Walking Slows Progression of Alzheimer's

"We found that walking five miles per week protects the brain structure over 10 years in people with Alzheimer's and MCI, especially in areas of the brain's key memory and learning centers," said Cyrus Raji, Ph.D., ...

Zestzfulness: Walking Reduces Dementia Risk

Walking or exercise in general may benefit mental functioning for a number of reasons, according to the researchers. Aside from improving blood from improving the blood flow to the brain, it may also stimulate the ...

Zestzfulness: Attention, Couch Potatoes!

Researchers lead by Art Kramer of the University of Illinois followed 65 adults, aged 59 to 80, who joined a walking group or stretching and toning group for a year. All of the participants were sedentary before the ...

Zestzfulness: Exercise May Improve Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Those in the exercise group to get 20 to 60 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous exercise -- like brisk walking or biking -- on three to five days out of the week, for 12 weeks. The rest of the patients stuck with their ...

Zestzfulness: If You Want to Age Gracefully

EXERCISE Moderate amount of steady exercise like brisk walking, swimming, or biking for 30 to 45 minutes five days a week is another great way to lower inflammation by boosting anti-inflammatory chemicals and helping you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment