Don't rely on a pot of coffee to keep you awake -- Instead of turning to a pot of coffee to keep you awake during the day, experts say you should focus on getting better sleep at night.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions for more restful sleep:
- Wake in the morning and go to bed at night at the same time.
- Relax before bedtime.
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable, dark, cool and quiet, and do nothing in your bedroom other than sleep and have sex.
- Avoid eating, exercising and consuming caffeine within a few hours of bedtime.
- Don't smoke, and avoid alcohol just before bed.
- Make sure your mattress and pillows are comfortable.