Here's what you can do
The heel is the largest of the human foot's 26 bones. And it's no stranger to strain and pain.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests how to help prevent heel problems:
- Make sure your shoes fit well and offer plenty of support for the entire foot.
- Make sure you wear the right shoes for each activity.
- Stop using shoes that are well worn on the soles or heels.
- Carefully warm up and stretch before exercise, and remember to pace yourself.
- Treat your body to the right foods and plenty of rest; lose weight if you are overweight or obese.