Even if you're rushing out the door to get kids to school, be sure to make time for a family breakfast.
Their growing bodies and developing brains rely heavily on the regular intake of food. By recharging theirs and your brain and body, you'll all be more efficient in just about everything you do.
The Nemours Foundations says starting the day with a healthy breakfast can offer these additional benefits:
- It helps provide the body with enough energy to start the day.
- It raises the likelihood that children will be more physically active.
- It helps stabilize metabolism, mood and energy levels.
- It can suppress mid-morning hunger that would likely promote snacking on higher-calorie foods.
- It makes kids likely to miss fewer days of school.
Nemours is one of the leading paediatric health systems in the USA, dedicated to advancing higher standards in children’s health.